Man charged after stranger attack with axe in downtown Vancouver
Posted May 14, 2025 12:20 pm.
Vancouver police say a man suspected of striking a stranger in the face with an axe was arrested Tuesday.
The Vancouver Police Department says a man, bleeding from his face, approached officers near East Hastings and Main streets around 12:30 p.m.
The 50-year-old victim alleged a stranger struck him with a small axe and stole his sunglasses.
“Fortunately, the victim sustained only minor injuries,” police said.
Officers arrested a suspect nearby. Since then, a 30-year-old man has been charged with robbery and breach of probation.
A man matching the suspect’s name is expected in court on May 27.