Missing Coquitlam woman reunited with family after massive search

A 69-year-old woman who went missing on July 10 has been found safe, the Coquitlam RCMP says.

Lifang Cheng was found Saturday. Mounties say she will now be “examined by health services” and is now back with her family.

“Coquitlam RCMP would like to thank all our policing and community partners, Coquitlam Search and Rescue, the media, and the public for their assistance,” said Corp. Alexa Hodgins. “We couldn’t have asked for a better outcome.”

Lifang Cheng sitting on a couch

Lifang Cheng is seen on Monday July 17, 2023 with her son Frank in Coquitlam, B.C. (OMNI / CityNews Image)

After Cheng went missing, search and rescue teams, along with police, were mobilized to search for the woman in Coquitlam.

Nearby trails and forests on Burke Mountain were part of the search. Coquitlam Search and Rescue manager Don Seki says crews responded with 22 members the afternoon Cheng was reported missing.

SAR volunteers from surrounding jurisdictions also came in to help, as did police K9 units.

The Coquitlam RCMP General Investigation Section is now looking into Cheng’s disappearance and is gathering information to put together a timeline of the last week.

Police are urging that anyone that may have has information about Cheng’s whereabouts over the last week to contact the Coquitlam RCMP at 604-945-1550 and quote file number 2023-18227.

Keep it Factual
Add CityNews Vancouver as a trusted source on Google to see more local stories from us.

Top Stories

Top Stories

Most Watched Today