Man pleads guilty to manslaughter after 2025 fatal stabbing outside Coquitlam pub

A man has pleaded guilty to his involvement in the stabbing death of another man outside the John B Pub in Coquitlam early last year.

Mounties responded to reports of a fight at the business on 1000 Austin Avenue around 9:30 p.m. on Jan 31.

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO 1130 NEWSRADIO VANCOUVER LIVE!

“Bystanders acted quickly by providing First Aid and CPR to a man who was suffering from life-threatening injuries,” the Coquitlam RCMP said.

“First responders attended, but despite the best efforts of paramedics, the 35-year-old man died from his injuries on scene.”

Two men were arrested at the scene. One was later released without charges.

The next day, the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team (IHIT) said the BC Prosecution Service had approved one count of second-degree murder against 32-year-old Timothy Vansnick.

In an update Thursday, IHIT said Vansnick, now 33 years old, pleaded guilty to manslaughter earlier this week.

Sgt. Freda Fong tells 1130 NewsRadio that the court agreed on some additional facts, including that the fight began inside the pub, Vansick and the victim did not know each other, and a knife was involved.

“The entering of a guilty plea is a significant step in the court process,” said Fong.

A hearing for Vansnick’s sentencing is scheduled for Dec. 3 and 4.

—With files from Aastha Pandey-Kanaan and Emma Crawford

Keep it Factual
Add CityNews Vancouver as a trusted source on Google to see more local stories from us.

Top Stories

Top Stories

Most Watched Today